photo hall4_zpsbq6drmv1.png

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mexico 2015

I swear I am not trying to brag, but, I just got home from the most amazing vacation of my life. I literally shed a few tears as we landed in freezing SLC...
Let me start this by saying that my twin sister Brittany and I are best friends and always have been. Growing up we made life plans together of all the things we were going to do like 1. marry best friends. 2. live next to each other. 3.have sunday dinner together every week. 4. go on family vacations together.
While some of those were high hopes, our husbands really have become great friends, we live pretty close together, we double date occasionally, AND.... we just went on our first vacation together!
My life has been pretty stressful and I am so glad I got to take a break for a carefree week in Mexico with my best friends.
Our first adventure was in the Beautiful city of Cabo San Lucas. The temperature was about 75 degrees fahrenheit. We got off of our ship and explored the city a little and decided to take a water taxi to a small secluded beach called Lovers beach. IT WAS GORGEOUS! we had the whole beach to ourselves, the water was pretty clear and the waves were huge! We played and had the best time. Once it got dark we left the beach and shopped around the city. I bought the normal tourist stuff (of course you should buy vanilla when it is only $5!)



The next stop on our getaway was Mazatlan. Im not gonna lie I definitely did not love this one as much as Cabo but how can you blame me? Cabo was amazing! With that said I honestly did have fun. Mazatlan is a city of industry. There is a beer factory there along with other factories and a port for shipping to and from other countries. Here we decided to take a bus around the city and get off at whatever sight caught our eyes. We saw some pretty brightly painted buildings and some not so pretty buildings. We walked around forever looking for a taco stand (which believe it or not we never found) we settled for a cool little place that was literally in an ally way it turned out to have amazing food! we shopped around and when it came time we got back on the bus:(



Our last stop in Mexico was the most beautiful and my favorite, Puerto Vallerta. We decided to go to a resort for our last day and that was the best choice ever! We had to take a boat ride that took about 40 minutes to a secluded island called Las Calestas. The crew on the boat there was amazing! They danced and sang to entertain everyone (most the people were drunk and everything entertained them) When we got to the island they had lunch ready for us, it was the tastiest Mexican food ever! Soon after we headed for the beach. This beach in my opinion was even more beautiful than the beaches in Cabo! The water was clear and you could see everything! We were able to try so many things like paddleboarding, snorkleing, kayaking and tubing. It was so clear we could swim out pretty far and just float in the ocean (I am normally afraid of water I can't see in) I had the time of my life! This short blog post doesn't even do justice to the amazing time I had. If you ever get a chance to go somewhere, do it. You will not regret it 







PS yes that is a Jelly fish, there were thousands swimming around us!